In 1994, we went to Kangaroo Island with a friend and discovered Vivonne Bay. When we saw the bay for the first time, the sheer beauty and expanse was breathtaking. The beautiful white sand and the crystal blue water had us hooked.
We immediately started looking at land for sale. In 1997, we finally purchased the block and began to research house designs. With the help of a local Kangaroo Island builder Simon Richter, who we knew growing up in my our home town of Yankalilla, the house was completed in December 2000.
There are many beautiful spots on Kangaroo Island but what sets Vivonne Bay apart from other destinations is the natural beauty of the bay and how the bush has been left in its natural state. There is so much to do and so many amazing places to explore close by, which makes it the ideal location for holiday makers. If you want to explore or just kick back and relax, Vivonne Bay Island Getaway is the place for you.
In the winter, we love sitting around the camp fire with family and friends, refreshment in hand, camp oven on the coals and listening to the surf in the distance. ‘This is the life’.
Brian and Nicki Parker – Owners of Vivonne Bay Island Getaway.
- 3 nights minimum stay
- $30 extra per night for each additional person
- Children under 3 years old free
- 20% deposit required
- Full payment one month prior to arrival
- Linen and bath towels provided.
- Please supply your own beach towels. One off cleaning fee of $50 per booking.
- *1 or 2 night bookings $140 surcharge
• Check-in 2.00pm.
• Check-out 10.00am.
• No smoking indoors, smoking is permitted on the outside decks.
• No pets are allowed due to the sensitive wildlife on Kangaroo Island and Vivonne Bay.
• Please be aware that house is on rain water only so use water wisely.